How to know that you are losing your hair

Hair loss

Hair loss affects many men at different stages of life. A few signs let you know when the machine is starting up.

Hair loss has always obsessed men. It must be said that few seem to be able to escape it. According to an Ifop survey dated 2015, while 13% of French men declare themselves to be suffering from baldness, three out of four men among the remaining 87% still believe that they are losing their hair. If according to the site of the French Society of Dermatology, it is generally at 40 that the loss begins, 15% of men in their twenties and 30% of those in their thirties would be concerned. To find out if this is your case, certain signs may be warning signs.

Be careful, everyone loses hair

Obviously, sowing hair behind you, on your brush or in your hands after your shampoo, can be worrying. It is still good to remember that all human beings lose hair on a daily basis: between 50 and 100 per day says the Association of the American Academy of Dermatology. The quantity depends on the people. It is therefore up to everyone to estimate if they lose more than before. Be careful, external factors can cause this number to change without there being any question of the onset of baldness. For example, it is estimated that more hair falls in autumn than in spring.

Examine the correct area

In the majority of cases, the cause of hair loss in men is the convergence of three factors: a hereditary predisposition, male hormones and advancing age. This is called androgenetic alopecia. The latter follows a well-defined pattern, described on the Norwood-Hamilton scale. Named after two scientists who worked on alopecia, it classifies the development of baldness into seven stages. It is in the early stages that you have to look for the clues to spot the beginning of hair loss.

Look for the right signals

Generally, it is the temporal (at the temples) and frontal (on the front) gulfs that begin to lose density. This is the first stage. Then it is at the level of the vertex (the top of the skull) that the hair is thinning. It is therefore in these areas that you must pay attention to spot incipient baldness. In the fifth stage, these affected areas come together and in the last, skull and frontal lobes are completely bald.

Less common than androgenetic alopecia, hair loss can also manifest itself as hair becoming thinner and thinner. This is especially seen when light is reflected on the skull and it is much more visible than it was until then.

The best method: compare photos

In both cases, not always easy to realize. Having an objective look at oneself is complicated and loved ones sometimes avoid giving their opinion for fear of offending. The most radical thing is therefore to compare photos taken always in the same position and in the same light. One of the good options to immortalize your hair from all angles, including behind, is the bathroom mirror. By taking a photo every two to three months, we can highlight the evolution of the hair.

The process can be stressful, however, and you may well end up graying your hair before you even lose it. Especially since if preventive care and then transplants can help those who suffer the most, the zero ball can also be a real liberation for others. Baldness is not a fatality.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

latest posts

Celebrity Hairstylists’ Top 20 Haircuts for Square Face Shapes

Consider yourself fortunate if you were born with a square face. Those with powerful,...

15 Tips for beauty where you should do BEFORE bed

In a human body, the skin is the most sensitive part of the body...

11 Proven Strategies to Lose Weight Without Dieting or Exercise

It might be challenging to adhere to a typical diet and exercise regimen.However, many...